Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On Its Way!

Well, here it is... a picture of Maggie Ruth and she's not smiling. She contemplating (I think). Saturday we went to the Carolina Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt, Maggie's first! Well, to say the least she was not at all interested in hunting eggs. Once she realized there was candy inside the eggs she was done. She worked on a pack of M&Ms the entire hunt. She didn't leave with a single egg in her basket but that wasn't bothering her... her tummy was FULL of candy by then!Riley Grace on the other hand liked the egg hunting part. This is Riley Grace's good friend Holly. They were busy counting how many eggs they'd found and how much candy was in their baskets! I must say I'm a sucker for some candy too!
Bad mother that I am... I didn't manage to get a single picture of the girls together. Maybe next time. Maggie stood and watched every other child run frantically for eggs while she was wondering what all the commotion was about...this was no doubt as solemn as I've seen her in quite a while.

I don't know if any of you know this song, but my daddy always sang it around Easter time...

this songs for you Daddy!

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter!

8 comments:

Shonna said...

I really enjoyed the egg hunt...can't wait to do it again next year!!!

Ashley said...

that is about the most solemn i've seen miss maggie ruth too! sawyer was snoozing away during the Easter egg hunt. Maybe next year we can come back and join in!

Ashley said...

ps-LOVE the new look on your blog-
email me your secret, fancy pants!

Beth said...

I love the matching capri pants! Cute! Cute! I like the new Spring look on your blog. Mine is rather boring! I don't know how to do all that cute stuff. You will have to show me one day!

lindsay said...

My grandmother sang this song every easter! I love that you know it too!

Dave and Mandi said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love the outfits. Did you make them? I also love the new background. I've been experimenting with mine. I'm currently on a 6 week waiting list for a pro to do it. I wonder if that job would pay better than teaching???? :)

Ashley said...

oh, i forgot to mention the song-that was a definite staple around the "brown house" at Easter time too! "I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet!"
Looks like we may be going to Clayton for Easter, but if you break out a bonnet on Easter, please take a picture! :) I've got a pale pink one to wear!

Ashley said...

i promise this is the last comment-but just wondering if you were aware that Craig Morgan who sings "International Harvester" will be at the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo????